Virtuously Vintage Vixen 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Old Fashion Love Songs part 1

In this month of vintage love, it just wouldn't be right to not share with you my favorite classic love songs from the masters themselves. I hope you enjoy.
Love,
Neah B
Lena Horne singing "Love" from Zeigfield Follies(1946).


Legendary Ella Fitzgerald singing Cole Porter's, "Let's Do It, Let's Fall In Love."


Although recorded by many, this version of "I've Got You Under my Skin" by Frank Sinatra is still my favorite.

Don't get me wrong, I love Frank Sintra's version but I think Fred Astaire's version
of "Night and Day" is a bit more romantic.

"You're Awful" may not sound like the title of a love song, but you'll enjoy this sweet yet comical tune of romance. This song is from an all-time favorite of mine,On The Town (1949)featuring Frank Sinatra and Betty Comden.  

Gene Kelly serenading the glamourous Lucille Ball in the 1943 classic Du Barry Was A Lady.
Here's "Do I Love You Do I?"

2 comments:

  1. I adore love love love these songs. I listen to them on my cds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Me too! There's nothing like the classic standards. Thank for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete